Chiungtze C. Tsen
Chiungtze C. Tsen (Chinese: 曾炯之; pinyin: Zēng Jiǒngzhī; Wade–Giles: Tseng Chiung-chih, April 2, 1898 – October 1, 1940) was a Chinese mathematician born in Nanchang, Jiangxi, who proved Tsen's theorem. He was one of Emmy Noether's students at the University of Göttingen. He returned to China in 1935. After the full-scale Japanese invasion of China in 1937, he fled and eventually settled in Xikang, where he became a professor at the newly-founded National Xikang Institute of Technology. He died of a stomach ulcer in Xichang, Xikang on October 1, 1940, and a memorial service was held on November 18, 1940. (Many Chinese sources mistakenly give his date of death as November 1940.)
- Tsen, Chiungtze C. Divisionsalgebren über Funktionenkörpern. Nachr. Ges. Wiss. Göttingen, Math.-Phys. Kl. I, No.44, II, No.48, 335–339 (1933).
- Tsen, Chiungtze C. Algebren über Funktionenkörpern. Göttingen: Diss. 19 S. (1934).
- Tsen, Chiungtze C. Zur Stufentheorie der quasialgebraisch-Abgeschlossenheit kommutativer Körper. J. Chin. Math. Soc. 1, 81–92 (1936).
- Chiungtze C. Tsen at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Ding, Shisun; Kang, Ming-Chang; Tan, Eng-Tjioe (1999), "Chiungtze C. Tsen (1898–1940) and Tsen's theorems", Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 29 (4): 1237–1269, doi:10.1216/rmjm/1181070405, ISSN 0035-7596, MR 1743370
- "十月份甯屬要聞 (Main news of Ningshu in October)". 新寧遠月刊 Xin Ningyuan Yuekang (New Ningyuan Monthly) (in Chinese). Xichang, Xikang. 1 (3): 51. November 25, 1940.
一日 國立西康技藝專科學校教授曾烱之博士在西康衞生院病逝。 (1st: Dr. Jiongzhi Zeng, professor at National Xikang Institute of Technology, died from illness in Xikang Health Center.)
- "兩月份甯屬要聞 (Main news of Ningshu in the last two months)". 新寧遠月刊 Xin Ningyuan Yuekang (New Ningyuan Monthly) (in Chinese). Xichang, Xikang. 1 (4-5): 53. January 25, 1941.
（十一月份）... 十八日 國立康專舉行曾故教授追悼大會。 ((November)... 18th: National Xikang Institute of Technology held a memorial service for late Prof. Zeng.)