Egegaz Aliağa LNG Storage Facility
Egegaz Aliağa LNG Storage Facility (Turkish: Egegaz Aliağa Yüzer LNG Terminali) is a floating production storage and offloading unit (FPSO) for liquefied natural gas (LNG) in İzmir Province, western Turkey. It is country's first floating LNG storage facility.
The floating LNG storage facility is the vessel MT GDF Suez Neptune, which sailed from France to Turkey and moored at a special pier of Egegaz Terminal in Aliağa district of İzmir Province on December 11, 2016. The 2009-built Norway-flagged LNG carrier is 283 m (928 ft) long and has a beam of 43 m (141 ft). She is capable of storing 145,000 m3 (5,100,000 cu ft) LNG. She can regasify LNG delivered from other ships. The floating storage facility went in service as Turkey's first one of its kind on December 23, 2016. It is planned that the annual storage capacity of the Aliağa Terminal, operated by Egegaz, will be 5.3 million tons. It will increase country's daily natural gas supply capacity from 191,000,000 m3 (6.7×109 cu ft) up to 224,000,000 m3 (7.9×109 cu ft).
- Lake Tuz Natural Gas Storage,
- Northern Marmara and Değirmenköy (Silivri) Depleted Gas Reservoir,
- Marmara Ereğlisi LNG Storage Facility.
- Çelikkan, Erdinç (2016-12-22). "Türkiye’nin ilk yüzen LNG terminali açılıyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Türkiye'nin ilk yüzen doğal gaz terminali Cuma günü açılıyor". CNN Türk (in Turkish). 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Türkiye'de bir ilk! Hizmete girdi". Platin Haber (in Turkish). 2016-12-23. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Tuz Gölü deposuna ilk doğal gaz". Internet Archive (in Turkish). 2017-02-10. Archived from the original on 2017-02-12. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Silivri doğalgaz deposu açılıyor". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2007-07-05. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- "Botaş LNG İşletme Müdürlüğü" (in Turksih). Botaş. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
|This article about a Turkish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to natural gas, petroleum or the petroleum industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|