Padma Oil Company
The Padma Oil Company Limited, formerly Burmah Eastern Limited, is a Bangladesh state owned petroleum company with its head office in Strand Road, Chittagong. It is a descendant of the historic Burmah Oil Company in the British Empire and began operations in Bengal in 1903. In 1965, Burmah Eastern was established in Chittagong jointly by Burmah Oil and East Pakistani investors.
Burmah Oil sold the company to the Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation in 1977. It was renamed as the Padma Oil Company in 1988 after the Padma river. Today, the company is one of the largest distributors of petroleum products in Bangladesh, and is listed on the Dhaka Stock Exchange and the Chittagong Stock Exchange.