Tê Giác Trắng oilfield
|Te Giac Trang field|
|Region||South China Sea|
|Location||Cuu Long Basin|
|Operator||Hoang Long JOC (partnership of PetroVietnam, SOCO International, PTTEP, OPECO)|
|Partners||Hoang Long JOC
|Start of development||2009|
|Start of production||22 August 2011|
|Current production of oil||55,000 barrels per day (~2.7×106 t/a)|
|Current production of gas||30×106 cu ft/d (850×103 m3/d)|
|Estimated oil in place||300 million barrels (~4.1×107 t)|
|Producing formations||Miocene sandstone|
The development plan was approved in September 2009 and production started on 22 August 2011 by PetroVietnam jack-up platform PVD-II. The second platform, WHP-H4, started operations on 9 July 2012. Sixteen production wells are connected to two wellhead platforms. Oil is collected by a FPSO while gas will be exported to the Bạch Hổ platform. The FPSO Armada TGT 1 was converted from a Suezmax tanker by Keppel Offshore and Marine.
The field is operated by Hoang Long JOC, a partnership between PetroVietnam (41%), SOCO International (28.5%), PTT Exploration and Production (28.5%), and OPECO (2%). Hoang Long JOC holds 50% interest in the field while rest of 50% is held by SOCO.
- "Te Giac Trang (White Rhinoceros)". SubSeaIQ. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Te Giac Trang Oilfield, Cuu Long Basin, Vietnam". Offshore-Technology. Net Resources International. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- Petzet, Alan (2011-08-22). "Te Giac Trang oil, gas field starts up off Vietnam". Oil & Gas Journal. PennWell Corporation. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Production building at TGT offshore Vietnam". Offshore Magazine. PennWell Corporation. 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "H4 wellhead platform offshore Vietnam begins production". Offshore Magazine. PennWell Corporation. 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Vietnam TGT partners to drill offshore on southern fault block". Offshore Magazine. PennWell Corporation. 2013-02-13. Retrieved 2013-02-16.